DELTA®-ADHESIVE is a high solvent emulsion, rubber-based adhesive. It is a surface preparation that increases bond strength of self-adhering membranes.
The product is used as a surface preparation to increase bond strength of self-adhering membranes such as DELTA®-VENT SA by consolidating surface dust and contaminants.
The rubber-based adhesive can be applied to wood, preserved wood, masonry and concrete foundations.
DELTA®-ADHESIVE is the product of choice on applications of self-adhered membranes where a quick setting, aggressive tack, solvent-based adhesive is required. DELTA®-ADHESIVE is suitable for cold weather application of DELTA®-VENT SA self-adhering air and moisture barrier. Designed for applications above -12°C (10°F).
• Surfaces must be dry and free from dust, dirt, grease, oil, ice or other foreign matter.
• Apply by brush or roller. Rollers should have a heavy nap of natural material such as lamb’s wool.
• Allow adhesive to dry 30 minutes before applying membrane, longer under cold conditions
• Coated surfaces not covered by membrane during the working day must be re-coated.
• To clean up use mineral spirits. Clean hands with a waterless hand sanitizer.
• Avoid direct application on polystyrene material.
• Contains extremely flammable solvents. Take suitable fire precautions. Do not allow smoking or welding in working area. Keep away from open flame or spark.
• Use under well-ventilated conditions. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors and avoid contact with skin. Excessive inhalation of vapors can cause dizziness. Use respirator approved for organic vapor.
• Keep containers covered when not in use.
• Harmful if swallowed.
• Solvent odors may taint food or other susceptible products.